In Kleon We Trust: Flex Like a Slinky
The interesting thing about this week's readings is how similar Kleon's ideas are to so many of the creatives I use in my writing courses. For example, Stephen King and Anne Lamott, both hearty, well-established, publishing writers advocate for many of the same kinds of approaches to writing that Kleon applies to almost all creativity. For this reason, the sense of familiarity made it difficult for me to narrow down to three my "Manifesto" of creativity in a way that would be usable for BOTH my way out there (I Should Have Really Done Something Different and Much Smaller Design Project) project and my students. In the end, I decided on a theme of flexibility and tried to bring the whole thing together with a Canva presentation that includes color, purposeful font choices, images, text, and video. Here is the link, and I hope it works!
In Kleon We Trust: Flex Like a Slinky


I think you made EXCELLENT choices and I love that you made so many connections between Kleon and your go-to texts in your courses. I wonder if one of Kleon's books might make its way into your courses in the future.
ReplyDelete