Problem Statement Based on the 4 Ws
When using "handicap accessible" parking spaces, users often encounter situations in which lifts and ramps cannot be easily deployed due to parking lot and/or parking space design. My solution would offer more convenient, safer parking options for those requiring better "handicap accessible" parking options.
My empathy gathering process started with an off chance encounter with a dangerous parking situation that I witnessed and proceeded as I explored how pervasive the problem is in my area. By taking a bird's eye view of the city, I was better able to recognize how many of these parking situations would be difficult of dangerous for those using wheelchairs or gaiters. As I considered the possible outcomes and repercussions that could emerge if a person were hit by a car, I realized that the issue could reach far beyond those who could be inconvenienced, injured, or even killed.


Comments
Post a Comment